- Q?HOPE WORKSHOP Frequently Asked Questions: What is HOPE?
HOPE is a biblically-based workshop that teaches a lifestyle process which helps you deal with daily loss—no matter how significant or insignificant, how to appropriately respond to loss, how to improve communication/relationship skills, and how to help others who are hurting.
- Q?Who should come to HOPE?
A recent participant said, “I have always heard how beneficial HOPE is, but no one told me that everyone should come to HOPE! Due to the stress and loss that we all face, these HOPE principles are effective for anyone who wants to live each day with more peace and joy.”
- Q?I haven’t had any major losses in my life, should I come to a HOPE Workshop?
Our definition of loss is “the difference between what is and what I wanted or expected it to be.” Since most of us experience not getting what we want on a daily basis, HOPE provides practical tools for dealing with every loss—big or small. If you have any questions about what your losses might include, check out the list below:
- Did your favorite dog or cat die?
- Have you had a major change in your finances (good or bad)?
- Have you ever quit or been fired from a job?
- Have you ever been married or divorced?
- Did you graduate from high school and/or college?
- Have you experienced the death of a close family member or friend?
- Have you ever been physically or sexually abused?
- Have you ever had or been a partner of someone who had a miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion?
- Do you have a stressful or painful relationship with a living parent, spouse, friend, or co-worker?
- Have you ever experienced the death of a spouse, parent, or child?
- Are there long time periods of your childhood that you cannot remember?
- Have you experienced long illnesses or been involved in multiple accidents?
- Have you been involved in unsuccessful relationships?
- Have you ever moved?
- Did you have rigorous, legalistic childhood religious training?
- Q?What ages come to HOPE, and is it pertinent for men and women?
HOPE participants have included anyone from ages 16 to 85. HOPE is extremely relevant for men and women. The teaching sessions include men and women together. However, during the processing time, men and women meet separately in small groups.
- Q?What does the HOPE Workshop include, and what is the schedule?
A typical HOPE Workshop begins on Friday night with registration at 5:45, and the first session is from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. HOPE continues on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and the final session is the following Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Q?CAREGIVING Frequently Asked Questions: Where can I as a caregiver find help to identify and organize the important documents that I need for my care receiver?
Help! Where Are All My Papers? helps you identify important personal, legal, financial, and insurance information that you need for your care receiver. This excellent tool comes in a binder with envelopes, which allows you to complete and organize these documents. Using this resource enables you to have everything you need in one place. Help! Where Are All My Papers? is valuable for adults of any age!
- Q?I am extremely overwhelmed as a caregiver. Where can I find a resource that will help me as I struggle with the stresses of caregiving?
The Effective Caregiving videos provide support for caregivers by facilitating a change in perspective and transitioning the caregiving role from overwhelming to manageable. Tools are included that identify existing or potential issues related to financial and legal matters, family dynamics, emotional wellness and communication.
- Q?Is there a resource that provides daily spiritual encouragement for caregivers?
Strength for Today provides 40 days of practical encouragement for caregivers. Each entry gives a realistic look at a caregiver’s frustrations and concerns. Scripture and prayer bookend each refreshingly honest window into a caregiver’s heart.